- rarely comes inside when I call him.
- made me chase him around the yard to keep him from eating his own vomit. Twice.
- loves to play fetch – but hates to bring the ball back. (I swear, I’m not trying to trick you, dog!)
- almost always sleeps on my side of the bed.
- and then stretches his legs out.
- and scratches me with his untrimmed talons of death.
More importantly, I even love my dog even though he
- never wants to takes pictures with me.
- and then when I try, he yawns out of sheer boredom:
And pensive thoughtful shots of us daydreaming… he of defenseless bunnies and me of well-behaved dogs.
I tell him all the time he’s damn lucky he’s cute.
After which he usually says something like, “Um lady, you’re hogging the bed.”