Tri-color quinoa is like green and orange bowtie pasta. It doesn’t necessarily taste that different, but it sure is pretty.
Ever since I (finally) got a handle on making quinoa I’ve been preparing it in batches on a weekly basis. It’s perfect for lunches, cold or hot, and actually helps with that 2:30 in the afternoon slump. Everyone suffers from that, right? Ok, good.
In the meantime, a compilation of my (mostly food-related) favorite things from the Internet as of late:
- The easiest frozen yogurt pops you’ll ever make.
- Urban Container Gardening inspires me not to kill everything I touch.
- Mint & Melon pulled the sneaky on me in Houston, and now I’m obsessed.
- I’m always on the lookout for good boxed wine. Remember when it was trashy? I’m so thankful to be living in a post boxed wine hating world, aren’t you?
- Homemade Nutty Bars. Oh my.
Making lists and discovering an emerging theme is like therapy…
So, wine and dessert it is. Awesome.
P.S. I really enjoyed this article about the psychology of eating animals. Explaining why I don’t eat meat to people is still incredibly difficult for me – mostly because I’m terrified of coming off preachy. But, there it is, in all it’s well-written glory if you care to read it for yourself.
I hope you are having a better-than-average Wednesday. Come on, long weekend.